Monday, November 6, 2017

Nursing Noel - Holiday Gift Guide: Crazy Compression Socks

For the next few weeks I wanted to highlight great gift ideas for nurses, nursing student or other healthcare professionals during this upcoming holiday season! I want to first start off by highlighting Crazy Compression Socks.

As those who have been following my blog know, I have been hosting a Scrub Style series, in which I have reviewed a few compression sock brands for healthcare professionals. Crazy Compression socks make it to the top of the list along with the other brands that I have shown in previous posts. 

A great perk of this particular brand of compression socks is the unique and bright color scheme to each of their pairs. 



Crazy Compression Socks also carry short, ankle socks that you can wear on your days not working! 



Crazy Compression socks are always hosting sales for their products, depending on the season or Holiday.  

Now, sales and pretty patterns don't mean much unless the compression sock itself is high quality. After wearing these tall compression socks for three twelve hour shifts for my clinical CRT rotation, I can honestly say that these compression socks made a huge different throughtout my sfhits. 

During my first three shifts in a row I wore normal ankle socks. During the end of the three days my feet were incredibly sore, my calves ached and I had prominent veins throughout my legs, and my butt hurt from standing for so many hours throughout all of the shifts. 

However, when I wore these compression socks I felt them working right away. Now, you might say that sounds silly, but initially I could feel the compression wrapped around my legs and knew that they were going to do a great job at increasing venous return.

On the unit that I am currently on, there is a high amount of hustle and bustle - there is very high patient turn over after discharge and all of the staff are constantly bouncing between patient and supply rooms. 

10 hours into my 12 hour shifts is when I finally felt sore legs.   

I highly recommend buying these compression socks to try out for yourself, or to gift to a healthcare loved one. I think that these compression socks would make an amazing Stocking Stuffer that will brighten anyone's day as they slide them on before their shift!
Thank you so much for reading this post. I highly appreciate your support and following, and hope that you enjoy my product recommendations!

Happy Holiday Shopping!
 
- Michelle

#BSNbabe

No comments:

Post a Comment