Monday, November 27, 2017

Nursing Noel: Klogs Nursing Footwear

In my latest attempt to try out different nursing items to review, I have discovered the shoe brand Klogs Footwear

The shoe style that I have tried out is called "Naples", and I have the color selection of "Crush - Patent". The Naples style of shoe has a comparable price point to other larger brands of healthcare clogs, such as Dansko and Allegria, but offers a competitive edge with their print selection and comfort level. 


I have worn my Klog shoes throughout my CRT clinical rotation (completion of eleven full 12 hour shifts) and have formed a very solid opinion about the shoe throughout my many hours of walking, running and standing throughout the hospital unit. 

One of the most important qualities that I find this shoe to have is the fact that is made out of wipe-able material. A lot of nurses tend to wear normal gym shoes with their scrubs - but if you are a student or just starting out as a new nurse, I find that there is just a natural, yet accidental, tendency to spill things on yourself.  Having the ability to take a paper towel or an alcohol wipe and clean your shoe off is a very comforting feeling after paying the money to wear them. 

Also, a shoe that is not made of knitted fabric, like most gym shoes have with the current trends, is less likely to pick up stray bacteria from rooms. Having less bacteria attach to your person throughout the day makes your other patient's safer, and you safer when you get home and remove your outfit.  

 The insole of the shoe is extremely comfortable. Your feet will hurt less during a twelve hour shift due to an adequate amount of arch support and padding lining the bottom of the shoe. If extra insoles are needed, per preference of those wearing the shoe, that would be able to be inserted with ease and not compromise the overall fit of the shoe around the foot. 

This shoe is also unlike other clogs that I have tried before where I do not feel safe walking in this shoe. With other clogs I have found that my feet slip out of them very easily, however, with this shoe my foot feels secure and in-place so I can dart off to complete another task without tripping or slipping. 

The sole of these shoes are also slip-resistant. 

 The Klogs brand has a variety of styles of nurse clogs that are attached to a wide variety of price ranges. This allows each shopper the opportunity to find something unique, functional for their own work style, and affordable. 

These Boca clogs are about half of the price of the Naples style of shoe, but just as functional, practical, and adorable. They are also made in the United States.

Image result for klogs boca clog

I am very glad that I stumbled upon this brand while searching for different nursing shoes to investigate. As I have said before, I am absolutely in love with the "nurse style" concept, and jump at every chance I can get to try out new styles and brands to bring forth the best information to those newly entering the nursing field. 


Thank you so much for reading this blog post! Your love and support of my nursing journey is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to bringing you more and different content as I jump into the world of NCLEX stuyding and new-grad nursing this winter!

- Michelle
#BSNbabe

No comments:

Post a Comment