Monday, January 15, 2018

Staring off the New Year on the Wrong Foot

Most people look at the new year as the beginning of brand new opportunities. 

"Out with the old, in with the new!"

"New year, new me!"

"I'm ready to start fresh!"

Now, if you're like me, you have uttered or thought those phrases and have conjured up the grandest of plans for how you're going to create "a brand new life in this new year". 

However, life runs it's course and a wrench can be thrown in your plans. Now it's two weeks into the new year, you haven't been to the gym like you said you were going to and your stuck in a rut over your future plans. This is where I am standing right now. 

To be completely honest and transparent in this blog post, the first two weeks of 2018 have not shaped up to be as glamorous as I had hoped they would be. 

I have been to the gym a total of 1 day.

I'm stuck studying for NCLEX until March.

I have not been paying as much attention to my social media endeavors as I had hoped I would.

If you can apply to this "new year, new rut" feeling to the beginning of nursing school, I can empathize and sympathize with you. Whether you are starting off the new year repeating a class that you did not pass last semester, or struggling in your new one - believe me, I am sharing your struggle in my post-graduation life right now. 

However, despite this "rut", I am prompting you - the reader of this blog - to do what I am trying to do right now in this moment. 

1. Take deep breaths. 

2. REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO AMAZING THINGS AND THAT YOU ARE MEANT TO DO AMAZING THINGS

3. Do not let your current situation get you down too much. It is a bad day or a bad situation - it is not going to be a bad year overall. 


The only thing right now that is making me excited about the future is morphing myself into the role of my new job in a nursing-assistive role. I am two weeks in, learning the ropes and getting excited about implementing myself into this specific healthcare establishment. 

Perhaps my set backs have larger things planned for me, ones that I cannot foresee right now. 

Perhaps yours are too! 

Do not give up in this new year! The journey is not over yet, and you have so much ahead of you! 

Rock 2018

- Michelle
#BSNbabe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment